Monday, June 2, 2014

Two hulls on the table

Today is an holiday so we could spend two more hours in the shop.

First of all we had to remove several screws which were apparently impossible to extract even if they had been previously lubricated with WD40. We used a hot soldering iron to heat up the screws: the heat expands the screws in the hole and softens the resin, and this allowed us to remove all the screws.

We then set the hulls side to side on the table and removed some epoxy drips.

For the coming couple of weeks Cinzia will be out of town so I'll have to work alone. The next operation will be fairing the bottom stringers in preparation for the flat bottom.

Total work time to date: 126 hours