Sunday, February 23, 2014

Glued (a bit too much)

The resin cured ok overnight but my fears were confirmed: the panels were indeed glued to the table because some resin seeped through the butt joints, some screw holes and here and there under the panel profile. Also, removing the screws was a nightmare because several of those broke and I should find a way to take them off.
Anyway, with some brute force and some lever, I literally ripped one of the panels off the table completely (no damage) while another one is still bonded to the table around the rear butt block. Luckily enough the particle board is tender and does not hold forever, but for sure next time I won't neglect the designer's suggestion to spray the screw box with some WD40, nor I'll make without a plastic sheet under the panels... Oh well...

Total work time to date: 54 hours

No comments:

Post a Comment