Six hours of work last saturday. With the usual sequence of power planer, rasp, surforms and sanding board, we rounded and faired the vaka deck/hull joint as well as the cockpit opening. Finishing is a lot of work.
We then made a pattern of the amas bottom panel and cut to size three (over four) fiberglass shapes to glass those bottom as we did with the vaka. Unfortunately we run out of fiberglass so we'll have to order one more roll, together with another batch of epoxy (possibly the last).
BTW: we decided the name of the boat: it'll be GEODETICA. This is because we both work in the field of space geodesy so this looked like a good compromise...
Total work time to date: 424 hours