Saturday, October 10, 2020

Turning the vaka for painting

After much thinking, we decided to coat the vaka bottom with graphite. We ordered a liter of graphite powder but it we have not yet received it. Today, we turned the vaka hull upside down in preparation for the bottom coating. We succeded in the operation with relative ease notwithstanding the almost 200 kg. Here it is lying on a side

and here it is, resting on two 2-cm thick particle board panels on wheels.

 Total work time to date: 727 hours






4 comments:

  1. Pippo I am building this boat too. I am going to mount the motor within the aft compartment. If you look at the transom of a Nolex 21 or a Bonito Aquarius you will see what I mean. I built a Welsford Pathfinder and it had the OB motor inboard too. Gave nice clean lines to a very pretty boat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hiya, Highlander! What's the current status of the construction? As you see we are almost there...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for sharing this blog and your progress! This is an inspiration for me. Please keep going! My Sail Plan is #49 and I haven't even started yet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hiya James! I'm glad that you are enjoying our blog. Be sure to read everything because we found some obvious errors in the plans, and given the sail no. of yours they are likely to be identical to ours. Feel free to ask any questions. Fair winds!

    ReplyDelete