Saturday, January 31, 2015

Vaka, going 3D

Four hours today. We completed the second cradle and finished the bulkheads (removing screws and epoxy blobs, fairing the edges). Here are both cradles

We then decided to see how the main hull looks like, so we put the sides on the cradles

We then lightly screwed the bulkheads to the sides and used two tackles to tighten the ends

The bow will straighten once the stem piece is put between the sides and screwed.

We also tried to put the floor inside but it looks like the sizes given on the plans are off by about one inch at the bulkheads. I'll check with John Marples and report here...

Total work time to date: 244 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment